Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Hello Blogging Friends,
What I want to share with you today is related to my English Comp 2 finial essay, but not about the research. The Search, would be good words to describe it because I couldn't fine the notebook that I had taken with me to the Library the day I spent a couple of hours, if not longer, writing down things from the Kansas Collection section,research books. You can't check them out, you know, so I sat there scribbling down information, reading and looking for things that would be useful in writing my big essay. Well, yesterday I wanted that notebook so I can begin working on my #3 essay. I will be using my research material in that assignment, but I couldn't find that notebook anywhere. I looked downstairs and everywhere I could think of, picking up stacks of papers, notebooks and books, then going back through the same process again. I did this about three times. Finally, I decided to stop the searching for that notebook and work on my Spanish work. I had been practicing verbs and direct object pronouns and para & por, at the kitchen table. When I realized that the notebook I was using for writing these things over and over again was red, like the one I had taken to the library. Picking it up and flipping the pages, there it was; every beautiful page of the notes that I'd been looking so hard for. I was so thrilled, you would have thought it was Christmas. What a relief!! I was beginning to think that I was going to have to do that work all over again. I'm a happy student!
There was something that I meant to tell you about on my last blog, but I forgot. How I could have forgotten  this information, I don't know, but it's very interesting and how I came to know about it was most unexpected. Twice a month I go for therapy for some unfortunate baggage from years gone by. Nothing terribly bad, just need to get a new perspective on some things, which I have and all is good, or at least getting better. Well, the place where I go is in this big old house in Wichita. It's a beautiful house and I haven't taken a tour through the whole thing, but I am going to as soon as possible. I knew from the style that it had probably been built in the very late 1800's. I've always loved old houses and antiques, etc. I just found out last week that this very house was the last house that William Mathewson, the real, the authentic, the one and only, Buffalo Bill, himself, built in Wichita. He built about five houses, but this one was the last one.After all of the research that I have done on the early days of Wichita, I was amazed that I was standing in one of the houses that this famous person, one of Wichita's founding fathers built. I am still giddy over that knowledge, and can't wait until I go there next time. Oh my, my, my...
Well that's my news good BFs (blogger friends).
Until next time, happy researching,
Cheri  

No comments:

Post a Comment