Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Hi there,
Today is February 19, 2014. It's been an adventure maneuvering through the hoops after being in a car accident. No fun my friends, but at least I'm only hurt a little and will mend with time. I got some news last night about a dear friend of mine who's 34 year old granddaughter killed herself. She just graduated from nursing school last Spring. I'm heart sick for my friend and her family. Makes my problems come into perspective and I'm so blessed to only have a car wreck to deal with.
On with my blog for today, and there's not much time to get-er-done before leaving for English class.
I reread Prof. Buua's syllabus again; I've read it several times before, but it never hurts to read it again from time to time. I had printed off the explanation for the writing option that I've chosen and reread it as well.
Then I had an epiphany, It became clear to me what I'm supposed to do with all the information that I've been gathering. I found the argument, the rhetoric, the ethos, logos and pathos. What a relief, before I was asking myself how was I to turn the research work into what the actual assignment is.
After this epiphany, I looked on-line of course, for the plaque commemorating the Wichita Indians that is in Riverside park. Also looked at some of the other historical markers in Wichita. I'm liking this assignment more and more, as I plan and do detective work about the Wichita Indians and the founding fathers of Wichita.
I don't know yet who made the plaque in Riverside park, but I think I can do better, making it a more historically accurate plaque.
I'm actually excited about the prospect. I still have much research to do and several people to learn about. What fun; I'm so blessed. I know that this blog is a bit short today, but I wanted to get in my third one for this week and with my accident and all, it's been hard to find the time to write three times this week.
Look for some more reports as I dig deeper into Wichita's very interesting past.
Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment